Saturday, July 9, 2011

Orange Cream Cupcakes (I cheated...)

Yes, I majorly cheated on this batch of cupcakes, I admit it.

So, since I've started on this whole cupcake obsession I've only been baking from scratch. Well, about 6-8 months ago I bought a box of cake mix thinking I would have used it for something. That day never came, until today that is! Finally got ride of that box that was staring me down every time I opened the pantry door.

I ended up making a batch of orange creme cupcakes. For the cupcake batter I just followed the instructions on box and added the zest of one large orange. For the frosting I made a basic buttercream but added some orange juice and orange extract. I topped the cupcakes off with some orange sprinkles, you know, just to add in that special touch of orange (didn't want to shock people who would be thinking that it's just a vanilla cupcake).

No comments:

Post a Comment