Sunday, May 29, 2011

Can you believe Jimmy Fallon could inspire a cupcake?

These cupcakes are from a while back but I have to post them because I think they have to be my all time favorite so far. I keep getting requests from my husband to make these again. I wish I had a better picture and one of just those cupcakes by themselves.
So here's the scoop.... I was watching Jimmy Fallon's late night show about 2 months ago and he had Ben and Jerry on there. Yes, Ben and Jerry the ice cream makers extraordinaire. Just as Steven Colbert had come out with Americone Dream by Ben and Jerry, Jimmy Fallon was going to get his own ice cream flavor. How exciting to me, wondering what Jimmy Fallon could conjure up. I must be a dork getting so excited just reminiscing about this frickin' ice cream! So, his flavor was...... vanilla bean ice cream with salted caramel swirl and chocolate covered potato chip clusters. I was so excited to find this ice cream in my local grocery store but every time I went, it was not to be found. What's a girl to do? I know, come up with it's match in cupcake form!



Cupcake on the left - my Jimmy Fallon inspired cupcake, vanilla bean buttermilk cupcake with salted caramel cream cheese frosting topped with a chocolate covered potato chip and a sprinkle of sea salt.

Oh so yummy!

BTW - I did eventually find the ice cream at the grocery store and I'd have to say I enjoyed the cupcake WAY more. Still love Jimmy Fallon though. I'll be expecting a Thank You note this coming Friday from him. You'll understand if ya watch on Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment